See the new Samsung Galaxy Note 10 and Note 10+
Samsung on the 7th of August launched its new Galaxy Note 10 and Note 10+ devices at its Unpacked event in New York.
Both devices boast high-end hardware, including AMOLED displays, quad-lens camera systems, and the Note range’s signature S-Pen.
However, the Note 10 features a 6.3-inch screen and the larger Note 10+ has a 6.8-inch screen.
The Note 10 has a 3800 mAh battery and its larger Note 10+ has a 4,300mAh battery with 45W Quick charging.
Samsung has centred the front-facing camera on the Note 10 however, and it has also slimmed down the device’s chassis compared to the previous generation.
Both models boast high-resolution displays that are almost bezel-less with quad-lens rear camera systems which include a 3D time-of-flight lens to improve bokeh and zoom features.
Both devices feature a triple rear-end camera system which is a 12MP + 16MP wide + 12MP telephoto lenses and 10MP front camera.
The S-Pen has been improved once again for the Galaxy Note 10, and now offers the ability to control smartphone functions without touching the screen via Air Gestures, as well as switch camera lenses remotely.
Both Galaxy Note 10 models include an in-screen fingerprint sensor and IP68 water and dust resistance.
A big change on the new Samsung device is that it will not feature a headphone jack.
Other features include:
- Quick and Easy Video Editing: Once they’ve recorded their video, Galaxy Note10 users can edit-on-the-go instantly right from their phone. The video editor can be used with the S Pen, so instead of having to tap to select or edit a clip, users can choose the precise moment they want to trim. For creators who need even more control over their footage, Adobe Rush on the Galaxy Note10 provides a sophisticated suite of editing tools, now even more accurate with the S Pen.
- AR Doodle and 3D Scanner: The Galaxy Note10 integrates bleeding-edge AR and 3D capabilities into the camera. Along with an Ultra-Wide camera, it opens up an entirely new medium for creators. With AR Doodle, use the S Pen to personalize photos with dynamic drawings, effects, and animations that track to the image. And with 3D Scanner, a ground-breaking first for the Note, the Galaxy Note10+’s DepthVision camera can take a scan of an object, and instantly turn it into a movable 3D rendering.
- Samsung DeX for PC: The Galaxy Note10 extends Samsung DeX’s capabilities, making it easier for users to work between their phone and a PC or Mac. With a simple, compatible USB connection, users can drag and drop files between devices, and use their favourite mobile apps with a mouse and a keyboard, while keeping their data secure on their phone through Samsung Knox.
Samsung South Africa confirmed that both models of the Galaxy Note 10 will be available in South Africa from 30 August 2019 in three colours – Aura Glow, Aura Black, and Aura White.
Customers will be able to pre-order the smartphone from South African mobile networks and retailers from 8 August 2019, and Samsung said that customers who pre-order the Galaxy Note 10 or Note 10+ will receive a free Galaxy Fit.
Samsung added that customers who pre-order the new smartphone will receive their device about a week before the official release date.
Below is the pricing for the new Galaxy Note 10 devices coming to South Africa:
- Galaxy Note 10 256GB – R18,999 or R899 per month, and
- Galaxy Note 10+ 256GB – R22,999 or R999.
Here are the full specifications of both devices:
Written by: Gabriella Steyn.