FreshStop launches new cashback rewards programme
One of the largest convenience store retailer in SA FreshStop announced that it has launched a rewards app that lets customers earn cashback.
Joe Boyle, director at FreshStop said in a statement: “Convenience stores in the US are already offering shoppers mobile apps that offer customers digital rewards, fuel discounts and mobile payments; and artificial intelligence (AI) has started shaping the shopping experience through the building of smart shopping baskets for customers."
Similar to Clicks and Dischem, customers can earn their cash back whenever they shop at any one of its stores in SA.
The new FreshStop Rewards App gives customers money back into their bank accounts when they purchase items at one of the more than 300 FreshStop at Caltex stores in SA.
This is how the app works:
1. Download the FreshStop Rewards App on Google play or iOS.
2. Reserve their shopping items as advertised on the Fresh Deals page.
3. Once in-store, view reserved shopping items on the Basket page and purchase items.
4. Take a photo of the till slip via the App and click submit and your rewards will reflect in the Rewards Wallet.
5. Users can request cashback via the App and it will be paid directly into their bank account.
“Everyone is promoting loyalty programmes but these programmes need to be simplified. As the first forecourt convenience retail brand in the country to launch a rewards programme, we are engaging with our customers by offering them great products at great prices resulting in them getting cashback in their pockets. They will also be among the first to get to know about our special promotions and take advantage of them. We know it’s not price alone that keeps customers loyal. Simplicity, recognition and a smile are still the best incentives,” said Boyle.
Written by: Gabriella Steyn.