Dis-Chem to offer free COVID 19 tests to the unemployed and those without medical aid
Dischem has announced that they will be offering private lab COVID-19 testing to non-medical aid and unemployed patients in partnership with Hellodoctor (part of Momentum).
In addition, the pharmacy brand noted that it received R20 million from the Solidarity Fund to do this.
Dis-Chem has been at the forefront of COVID-19 testing, conducting more than 15 000 tests at 22 sites.
Now, together with the Solidarity Fund, Dis-Chem will be assisting with free tests for people in need.
To see if you are eligible and qualify for a free test:
- Doctors on Call helpline on 087 055 0234, weekdays from 8am to 5pm
- Hello Doctor on www.hellodoctor.co.za
- Discovery Vodacom online consultations on www.discovery.co.za/corporate/covid19-free-online-covid-19-consultations
- Or your family doctor can refer you via the Vula App
If you are eligible and qualify:
- An SMS will be sent to your phone with a WiCode voucher and directions to your nearest Dis-Chem testing site.
- Present your WiCode voucher to the nurse at the testing site.
- The testing procedure follows and the nurse will give you all the relevant advice.
Test results will be available within 3 - 5 days and all testing sites will be active from 9H00 – 16H00, weekdays only.
Please be at the testing site before 15:30. Due to the volumes and external collection of swabs by lab all test must be collected by 16H00.
If you test negative you will receive an SMS with the good news.
Positive results will be communicated personally by a nurse who will refer you to your doctor or nearest clinic.
Written by: Gabriella Steyn.